Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi range on Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500

JonathanNetg
Aspirant

WiFi range on Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500

Hi, I recently purchased the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500. Very happy with it. One thing though, the WiFi range isn't that great for some reason. I don't have a large house, my modem is located at the front of the house but WiFi signal is weak upstairs and at the back of the house. Is there a special setting I need to do? Thanks. John.
Message 1 of 6
JonathanNetg
Aspirant

I did look at the WiFi extended device but I though this Netgear XR500 is good enough for a standard house WiFi range. hmmmm..

Message 2 of 6
JonathanNetg
Aspirant

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NH Gaming router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH Gaming routers and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

If you need additional wifi range or coverage, Ive found that EX7700/8000 wifi extenders work well with XR series routers. 

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

What size is the home and what are the interior walls made of? 

Thats key. 

Another key is placement.

The routers antennas broadcast omnidirectional and if you're router is located to one side of the home, half your coverage isn't getting used as its not directional. Any chance you can centrally locate it? 

Message 5 of 6
JonathanNetg
Aspirant

Thank you so much. Will look into that for sure.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7