Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi without cable

supershan
Follower

WiFi without cable

Hi There,

I think I need this.... I am not tech savy.... please help!

My housemate (it's his house), does not have nor does he want to get cable. There are NO cable (co axl?) outlets in this old house.

The WiFi here is very slow and he does not want to pay more for a better option.

He games ALL DAY!!!

I have a 65" smart tv that I have not been able to watch for over 2 months since I moved in because he says it slows his game down or stops all together.

Will something like this solve our problem?

I need to make sure this only has regular plugs that go into the wall and not a cable "plug" that screws in (co axl?)

I understand that this will use the same wifi that we have in the house (AT&T) but increase the speed so that we both can game and stream shows at the same time.

Also would i be able to use this wifi for my apple 11 pro max phone. I've had to use "cellular data" for all my emailing and downloading, etc and it's making my phone bill go crazy.

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 3

Re: WiFi without cable

Sounds like you are both trying to suck more speed out of the Internet than he is paying for.

One way to take the wifi out of the picture might be to use  Powerline Ethernet to wire your TV to the router.

Other than that there is no magic hardware that can get an internet service to suddenly deliver more speed.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi without cable

Your roommate might not want to pay more for cable but from reading this, you do. 

why not ask him to just pay the same amount and you'll cover the difference to upgrade your internet speed?

Not sure what speeds you currently have but @michaelkenward is right in that it sounds like you guys don't have a fast enough connection and are trying to push golf balls through straw. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7