Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi Channel Configuration

LResendes
Follower

Wifi Channel Configuration

How do you know what channel to choose for my wifi channel configuration?  I have contacted Xfinity, and have been advised that we need to check/change my wifi channel configuration due to intermittent connection issue we have been experiencing for months.  Is there a way to fix or check the configuration and then remedy it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 3

Greetings,

Any free wifi analyzer application for mobile or tablet should work for this.   

Use my reply in this thread as a guide....  note this netgear app is no loger available, but the premise is the same.  

Solved: Re: Nighthawk R7000 Slow WiFi speed - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

@LResendes wrote:

How do you know what channel to choose for my wifi channel configuration?  I have contacted Xfinity, and have been advised that we need to check/change my wifi channel configuration due to intermittent connection issue we have been experiencing for months.  Is there a way to fix or check the configuration and then remedy it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Xfinity is great at starting at those points because it requires no work on their part. 

And it could be that. Or it could be something else. 

What actual router do you have? 

what firmware is on it? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

What issue are you having in detail? (more details than just "intermittent connection issue") 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7