Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi Channels

Timhehn
Aspirant

Wifi Channels

Hello, 

Can someone please help me?

My son bought this router and it was working but now we cannot see the second wifi channel on the 5G network.

All we can see is the 2.4G and one channel of the 5G where we used to have two.

I don't know whats going on or how to tell if someone has hacked into it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tim

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
LeeH
Prodigy

If it works good now just be happy. 

Don't change firmware again unless you have a problem that new firmware will fix or there is a security fix update.  It is always risky to change firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
LeeH
Prodigy

Which router do you have?  What firmware?  Have you upgraded the firmware recently?  Did you try doing a reset on the router?

Message 2 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Don't know which Router you have but there should be 2 sets of 2 SSID's, one set for 2.4Ghz and the other for 5Ghz.

The 2nd set is the GUEST SSID's, and they are controlled under ADVANCED --> SETUP --> GUEST NETWORK. Could be different location though based on router model.

Guest network SSID does not see the same resources that the normal LAN SSID's do unless you allow it. Using the GUEST SSID's allows you to isolate guests if you chose from your LAN and you do not have to give out your LAN Passphrase.

Message 3 of 6
Timhehn
Aspirant

Hi Lee, I put it in the model box but I guess it didn't save it. I have the Nighthawk X6 R8000 model. I have updated the firmware and reset the router by pushing the reset button. Still can't see the second 5G channel. I'm wondering if the router is failing.

tim

Message 4 of 6
Timhehn
Aspirant

Hi Lee, update......

when i logged in from my iPad to get the firmware version ( v1.0.3.32 ) I went to wifi, changed to the 5G and changed the channel to 5G-2 and now I can see the second channel....I'm so confused.

Message 5 of 6
LeeH
Prodigy

If it works good now just be happy. 

Don't change firmware again unless you have a problem that new firmware will fix or there is a security fix update.  It is always risky to change firmware.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7