Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi Devices Cannot Connect

sbraithw
Aspirant

Wifi Devices Cannot Connect

This started yesterday.  Wired connections work fine but I cannot connect wirelessly.  The button on the router is lit for wifi.  I tried enabling a guest network with a password and the same thing happened.  I tried guest without password and it still does not connect.  I have tried multiple devices and I can see th ssid but not connect.  I am running firmware V1.0.2.86_1.0.75.  I did upgrade while trying to troubleshoot hoping there was a fix in the new version.  Please help.  Thanks.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
sbraithw
Aspirant

I figured out the problem.  No need to do a factory reset.  I have 3 Directv receivers on my network as part of the whole home DVR.  One of the receivers was causing an IP conflict.  Once I unplugged it from the network, all my wireless devices connected.  In my case it was Directv but if someone else had the same issue it could be any device causing the conflict.  I unplugged all the wired devices from the network and it worked then unplugged each device to verify if it was causing the conflict.  This took a while to figure the exact device but was well worth it.  Thanks for all the help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

Sometimes it is simply a case of rebooting the R8500.

If you have updated the firmware, you may also need to reset the R8500 to its factory settings and then reconfigure it.

Message 2 of 5
sbraithw
Aspirant

It's been rebooted many times.  I guesss the factory reset is always an option.  Another thing I should mention is that there a few devices that will connect.  A google home, a chromecast and a lite-on product which I have no idea what it is.  I unplugged the google home and blocked the other 2 devices and I still can't connect.  All my wired devices work fine.

Message 3 of 5

@sbraithw wrote:

It's been rebooted many times.

You didn't say that, which is why I mentioned it.

@sbraithw wrote:

Another thing I should mention is that there a few devices that will connect.

Yet more new information.

Knowing that, how about telling one of the troublesome wifi clients to forget the network and then try to reconnect?

@sbraithw wrote:

I guesss the factory reset is always an option. 

Always worth trying as a last resort.

Message 4 of 5
sbraithw
Aspirant

I figured out the problem.  No need to do a factory reset.  I have 3 Directv receivers on my network as part of the whole home DVR.  One of the receivers was causing an IP conflict.  Once I unplugged it from the network, all my wireless devices connected.  In my case it was Directv but if someone else had the same issue it could be any device causing the conflict.  I unplugged all the wired devices from the network and it worked then unplugged each device to verify if it was causing the conflict.  This took a while to figure the exact device but was well worth it.  Thanks for all the help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7