Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi R7800 down again

ReneNL
Aspirant

Wifi R7800 down again

My router R7800 has unreliable Wifi. For no reasson it goes down 4-5 times a day to recover 10-15 minutes later. I got the latest update and if it works its great. I read several review and posts and i believe the hardware is ok, but the software is bad. I got several smart devices and kids, wife and me work/school a lot from home, so a reliable router is a must. Is there any change netgear will ever make some good firmware or should i throw my router away and buy a reliable router from another brand. One thing is for sure, will never buy a new netgear again.
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wifi R7800 down again

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
ReneNL
Aspirant

My provider is Delta (400 up/down) and provider modem/router is a Genexis. My nighthawk is in accespoint mode directly/wired connected to the Genexis. I never use auto chanel and checked wifi air for low traffic channels. My 2,4 is at channel 13 an 5 is at channel 106. Firmware netgear V1.0.2.82. Wifi is fine when it works, but netgear nighthawk somehow resset wifi. 2.4 is mostly within 1-2 minutes back online, but 5 takes between 10 - 15 minutes beforeback online. I know i sound a bit frustrated but i got the nighthawk a few years and in the beginning it worked perfect, but after a few months (update?) The reliability dropped. I can disonnect the nighthawk and turn on the wifi of the Genexis. I already prepared the genexis to take over the disfunctioning nighthawk. I love and hate the nighthawk. If it works it is really good, but the love is losing from my hate.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7