Wifi Router Disconnects Same Time Everyday. Log of DDOS attack right before it happens

TonyCrash
Aspirant

Wifi Router Disconnects Same Time Everyday. Log of DDOS attack right before it happens

I keep getting logs of [DoS attack: ACK Scan] from source 151.101.41.16,port 443 Saturday, Jun 20,2020 13:10:49 and shortly after my wifi crashes. Both m router and modem have to be reset for the wifi to go back up. I notice when I put my daughter down for nap around 1:30 - 2pm the wifi usually goes down. All other disconnections occur sporadic and often throughout the day.  Would the be a real DDos attack? What other possible things could be shutting down our connection. My router is on auto update and is running the latest firmware. My cable modem is a Netgear CM1000v2. The wifi is still visible on all devices but no internal connection is available. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
bryan441
Guide

Re: Wifi Router Disconnects Same Time Everyday. Log of DDOS attack right before it happens

It's possible that another wireless network is causing interference, and the home hub has forced a wireless channel change, that would cause devices to disconnect and then reconnect.
Do you have anything in your house on a timer, such as central heating, security lights, etc?

Message 2 of 3
TonyCrash
Aspirant

Re: Wifi Router Disconnects Same Time Everyday. Log of DDOS attack right before it happens

I have a couple LeD smart house lights but they aren’t connected to any WiFi. The only suspicion I have is I live in a gated community. My house is the first house right near the gate. Maybe 15 feet. I was told by person that works here that the gate is on a wireless network as well. None of the gate has wiring because it was too difficult to run wire underground. Can that cause it. If then what can I do? Move my router on the opposite side of the house ? How close does another device have to be in order to interfere with it? My router’s connection crashed numerous times today. One said DoS attack: Fraggle Attack. Should I be worried ?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E