Wifi overall speed for R9000/x10 vs xr500

southskier
Aspirant

Wifi overall speed for R9000/x10 vs xr500

Hi Everyone,

Current Netgear user here looking to move up from my x6 to either an x10 or xr500. I am asking the question straight at the key netgear users in hopes to not get just a sales pitch answer as I did from best buy. 😉  My current setup for my home network is 3 computers (1 hardwire to router and 2 wireless), 3 Smart TV's, 3 wireless Ipad tablets, 4 cell phone devices, Arlo/Arlo pro system with 9 cameras, 2 Nest Thermostats, 4 Nest Smoke detectors, 1 Wifi Garage, 8 misc Wifi light controllers, 1 ring doorbell, and lastly a PS4 connected via wireless.  All in all I have 1 hard wire connected PC and 38 wireless devices connected in my home. I have a 100mb Charter connection for TV and Internet, but may switch to AT&T 1GB since they have fiber to the house now in my neighborhood. I am not a big avid gamer so I am trying to make the best decision in both cost and quality. 

I have been reading and researching but need to ask before I make the final commitment. Spec wise for both the x10 and xr500, is the more the better? Quad processor vs dual core? I am looking for the maximum amount of wireless speed and coverage for a 3000 sq ft home where I have the modem and router place centrally upstairs. Im not currently having any issues, but I also dont run everything where it potentially could. I am just trying to decide which way to go looking forward and from what I have been researching, the xr500 has been getting great reviews, but most of the conversation has been towards qos and gaming? 

What have you all found when it comes to number of connected devices, coverage, and speed within the two devices?

Thank you,

Rob

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
southskier
Aspirant

Re: Wifi overall speed for R9000/x10 vs xr500

@southskierwrote:

Hi Everyone,

Current Netgear user here looking to move up from my x6 to either an x10 or xr500. I am asking the question straight at the key netgear users in hopes to not get just a sales pitch answer as I did from best buy. 😉  My current setup for my home network is 3 computers (1 hardwire to router and 2 wireless), 3 Smart TV's, 3 wireless Ipad tablets, 4 cell phone devices, Arlo/Arlo pro system with 9 cameras, 2 Nest Thermostats, 4 Nest Smoke detectors, 1 Wifi Garage, 8 misc Wifi light controllers, 1 ring doorbell, and lastly a PS4 connected via wireless.  All in all I have 1 hard wire connected PC and 38 wireless devices connected in my home. I have a 100mb Charter connection for TV and Internet, but may switch to AT&T 1GB since they have fiber to the house now in my neighborhood. I am not a big avid gamer so I am trying to make the best decision in both cost and quality. 

I have been reading and researching but need to ask before I make the final commitment. Spec wise for both the x10 and xr500, is the more the better? Quad processor vs dual core? I am looking for the maximum amount of wireless speed and coverage for a 3000 sq ft home where I have the modem and router place centrally upstairs. Im not currently having any issues, but I also dont run everything where it potentially could. I am just trying to decide which way to go looking forward and from what I have been researching, the xr500 has been getting great reviews, but most of the conversation has been towards qos and gaming? 

What have you all found when it comes to number of connected devices, coverage, and speed within the two devices?

Thank you,

Rob

Any x10 users with speed input?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E