Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Will my Nighthawk X6 R8000 allow vpn connections to be tunnelled through it?

privacychair
Aspirant

Will my Nighthawk X6 R8000 allow vpn connections to be tunnelled through it?

I'm trying to setup VPN on pc and I use a Nighthawk X6 R8000.

Some of the information out there suggests that I need to enable L2TP/IPSec Pass-Through.  Is that enabled by default and is there any security risks to having that enabled?

I'm using this guide to setup my VPN.

https://www.magnumvpn.com/setup-vpn-windows-10-l2tp-ipsec.html

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso

Re: Will my Nighthawk X6 R8000 allow vpn connections to be tunnelled through it?

Log into your router under Advanced and follow the instructions there and download the necessary files there. Then download OpenVPN. Its straighforward once you figure it out. You cand read my threads. I don't have time to answer specifics but I and others have documented the install. 

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3

All Replies
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso

Log into your router under Advanced and follow the instructions there and download the necessary files there. Then download OpenVPN. Its straighforward once you figure it out. You cand read my threads. I don't have time to answer specifics but I and others have documented the install. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
privacychair
Aspirant

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7