Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows Problem with Network and Readyshare

dano795
Aspirant

Windows Problem with Network and Readyshare

I'm sure this has been asked before but all the solutions so far have not worked. Network discovery on. SMB on, file sharing on. 4T WD USB drive attached to R7800 Nighthawk Five computers on network. All get the same dialog box from Windows. Problem with network. Was working fine until several weeks ago. I have about fifteen devices total connected to router. All working. Would a factory reset solve this problem or just spinning my wheels? All Computers are running latest W10. It almost seems like a permissions problem.

Message 1 of 3

Re: Windows Problem with Network and Readyshare

@dano795 wrote:

Network discovery on. SMB on, file sharing on. 4T WD USB drive attached to R7800 Nighthawk Five computers on network. All get the same dialog box from Windows. Problem with network.

Not much to go on there.

What "Problem with network."?

Windows what? 10? 11? Something else?

These things work fine here with the R7800 and various USB drives, including a 4TB WD and 8TB Seagate.

Windows is the usual suspect in these cases.

Is ReadySHARE properly configured?

Tried the Windows Network troubleshooter?

What happens of you use the destination addresses?

Does \\READYSHARE get you anywhere?

Message 2 of 3
dano795
Aspirant

Re: Windows Problem with Network and Readyshare

Readyshare appears to be set up correctly. \\Readyshare brings up dialog path not found. Error 0x80070035. This happens on all five computers. Three hard wired and two wifi. As I stated before all are Windows 10 with latest updates. Windows troubleshooter found no problems. Both boxes for http checked and no admin password. For some reason the check box for \\readyshare\USB_Storage won't stay ticked even after applying. I close the tab and reopen and it's unchecked again. Also three of the computers are Pro and other two are Home if it make a difference. Two of the computers have had a repair install since this all started. Both links in the readyshare will go to the drive but its more like a directory type screen not the usual graphical interface. One other thing. All the W10 computers  can see and access each other on the network.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7