Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wired connection limited to 100mbps

Wired connection limited to 100mbps

I have attached my Nvidia Shield to the router via ethernet (about 5meters Cat5e), however the speed is capped at 100mbps. The Shdield is connected to LAN port 3 and the LED on the front of the D7000 is red, whereas other devices that are connected have white LEDs.

I had previously allocated a static internal IP to the sheild but removed it as felt that it may have caused an issue somewhere. Shield is set to DHCP and router is not set to allocate an IP.

The Shield's speeds are circa 250 mbps when using 5Ghz wifi on the D7000, however not consistent enough so need to use LAN.

Internet is 1gbps download speed 100mbps up and D7000 is setup to run as PPPoe modem to this connection.

Any advice on getting the Shield's wired connection speed up to 1gbps would be great as I'm all out of ideas 🙂

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

another thing to check, if you have other gigabit devices, connect them to that port on the router and see if its a port issue. If the port is connecting other devices at gigabit speeds, the ports working. 

If its just the shield, it kind of isolates it to either the cable or the shield itself. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What actual shield do you have? there are multiple models

Have you tried a different cable? Sketchy cat 5e cables have caused issues before. 

Message 2 of 6

It's a 2017 shield which is capable of gigabit.

I've just bought the 5e cable so it's brand new. I'll try another though to whittle out the problem... I just assumed that it wouldn't work at all if the cable was faulty.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

another thing to check, if you have other gigabit devices, connect them to that port on the router and see if its a port issue. If the port is connecting other devices at gigabit speeds, the ports working. 

If its just the shield, it kind of isolates it to either the cable or the shield itself. 

Message 4 of 6

After all that, it seems to be a dodgy new cable... boo!

Thanks for your help 🙂

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working! If you mark it solved, it might help the next person
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation