Highlighted
Follower

Wired ethernet connection slower than wifi speed

I am needing help with a problem I encountered after updating my routers firmware I have the R7000 Nighthawk.  I updated yesterday to version V1.0.9.60_10.2.60.  I am now having problems with my wired connection.  I am currently getting speeds of 10 down and 5 up, when I should be getting 100 down and 10 up.  I have tested the wifi and I am getting the 100 and 10 that I should be.  I have tried switching the ethernet cables, using all 4 different ports, and using different laptops and xbox's with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help.    

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Wired ethernet connection slower than wifi speed

I have had different issues with this same firmware update. At first my internet completely stopped working for 4 hours. I gave up and tried to fix it in the morning and after countless reboots it sometimes works. After a while the r7000 will just disconnect again and need a reboot. Even when the internet is working my arlo/ring cameras stopped working. Sometimes i can get the ring on but the arlo is basically done for on this firmware. Considering arlo is made by netgear and ring is not you would think netgear would make sure the arlo works. As well my netgear ex8000 mesh extender is now failing to work properly with this new firmware. I really wish Netgear tested their firmware before putting it out there. 2 out of the last 3 patches i did had massive problems. I shouldnt have to roll back firmware every other patch because they dont work. Last night I tried to roll back to the previous firmware and the router froze up and failed. Go figure. Next time my router crashes im going to try that again.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements