Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless and WPS button steadily on and won;t reset

amedisone
Aspirant

Wireless and WPS button steadily on and won;t reset

I have a netgear R7000 I have recently purchase and set up with EXPRESSVPN firmware installed.  I have followed all the directions but when I connect via RJ45 to my AQUOS TV and Samsung DVR to the router they do not work.  Did some research and found that I can reset the connection by re-registering the IP address by pressing the WPS button for 10 seconds after unplugging the TV and DVR.  This worked for the DVD but not for the TV and the WPS light is steadily on and will not turn off, same with the wireless button.  Both are on and will not turn off. To try and resolve this I RESET the router to factory setting and still the WIRELESS and WPS button is steadily on when I try to manually reset or turn off the wireless button.  Has anyone experience this and what was the solution.

Best Regards

Crosby

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Wireless and WPS button steadily on and won;t reset

Expressvpn is a 3rd party firmware solution.  You'd want to contact them for assistance since you're using 3rd party firmware and not the official firmware. 

Message 2 of 3
amedisone
Aspirant

Re: Wireless and WPS button steadily on and won;t reset

I am aware of the third party software being used, it still happens after resetting the router back to factory settings and the third party software is removed.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7