Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wireless connection is erratic. CAnnot see SID, Cannot get IP address

stuartdd
Aspirant

Wireless connection is erratic. CAnnot see SID, Cannot get IP address

Wireless connection is erratic. Mostly is connects but there are times when both the 2.5 and 5 Ghz channels will not connect.

Symptons are:

Cannot see either SID - Somtimes only one or the other.

Connected with no internet connection. Cannot get an IP address.

Solution:

Reset the router or just wait and keep trying.

Note:

Wired connections work flawlessly during this whole process.

Firmware version is the latest as indicated on the support site.

This is really frustrating as the main reason for purchasing this router was the 'advertised' wireless reliability.

Can somone please help.

Stuart

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
stuartdd
Aspirant

Hi.

Stability is much improved. I have not had any issues since I reset to factory settings (fingures are crossed).

I am still a believer although I do not think much of tec-support if they could not recommend this solution in the first place!

Untill next time.

Thanks for all your comments

Stuart

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
myersw
Master

I would suggest giving Voxel a try. Installs just like a manual install of Netgear firmware, but has fixes that Netgear has not incorporated yet. Here is link. 

https://www.voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/Voxel/html/index.html

Select router model you have and download and install, as I said, just like a manual install of Netgear firmware. 

Message 2 of 5
stuartdd
Aspirant

I would love to try Voxel but I just paid £200+ for a router and it just dont work. If Netgear cannot fix I will be returning it!

I also would like to keep my product support. I may give Voxel a try when I am no longer under guarantee.

I have made some progress. I reset to factory settings and it has been OK since. I will see how I get on before making a decission. I will certainly be posting and complaining if it starts happening again, only next time directly to NetGear support.

One thing that did come from the factory reset was I was able to register my product. The NetGear site would not allow this. It says 'something went wrong' and support said they were having issues with site maintenence. I work in the industry and you dont have 'issues with site maintenence' for 3 weeks unless somthing is very very wrong (or your just being fed a line!)

Thanks for the feed back.

Stuart

Message 3 of 5
myersw
Master

@@stuartdd

As fast as they are fixing firmware, 3 weeks of maintenance on the registration site sounds about right. IMHO they have gone from one of the best to one of the worst. I think they moved firmware support to a different organization from what I read. Don't think they have a clue. Good luck in your quest.

Message 4 of 5
stuartdd
Aspirant

Hi.

Stability is much improved. I have not had any issues since I reset to factory settings (fingures are crossed).

I am still a believer although I do not think much of tec-support if they could not recommend this solution in the first place!

Untill next time.

Thanks for all your comments

Stuart

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7