Wireless not working r7000

Kinach
Aspirant

Wireless not working r7000

So my wireless today suddenly stopped working. I've gone into settings to make sure enabled wifi is checked but its greyed out. When I try to apply new settings it tells me wps in progress try later. I hold wireless button on router and it does not light up. I have no idea what to do from here. Any ideas ?
Message 1 of 5

Re: Wireless not working r7000

Tried a simple reboot of the router?

What firmware version do you have on the device? A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.)

There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
Kinach
Aspirant

I have yeah.
Message 3 of 5
Kinach
Aspirant

I updated to latest firm ware. I'm not home at the moment so I'm unsure what the latest firmware number is . Then I rebooted and followed everyother step I can find online.
Tried the button on the router that turns wifi on/off
Message 4 of 5

@Kinach wrote:
I updated to latest firm ware. ...

Aha. That's important new information that can make all the difference.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

It should not be necessary, but new firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

You can reduce the hassle of reconfiguring all those settings by creating a backup of your settings before you reset. Then if something is still broken after the reset, and the new firmware has not fixed it, you can restore the device to its pre-reset state.

You could even try restoring the settings even if the new firmware has fixed the problems, but be prepared for the restore to also bring back your problems.

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E