Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless printer connection xr700

Lazydaze
Aspirant

Wireless printer connection xr700

Hey there. I'm trying to connect my printer to my router. The printer says it's connected but when I get into my router it can't find it. It also says my printer is offline. I did the WPS and it says it's connected to my router but yet I don't see it and again, it say my printer is offlline. Tried rebooting everything more than once. LOL

Any Ideas? 

Thank  you for your time and help in advanced.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Lazydaze
Aspirant

Re: Wireless printer connection xr700

I got it fixed. I had to do a reset on my printer and reinstall the utillites and drivers.

Thank you for your time I really do appreciate it.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

What Printer?

Does the printer show NETWORK information? What does it show for the IP Address?

Can you print to it?

What OS are you using? Does it show as a device on the network?

Are you using the latest firmware?

Message 2 of 5
Lazydaze
Aspirant

It's a Brother mfcj5830DW

When I connect to it, it says connected. It even tells me the name of the printer and the mac address. When I connect with WPS, same thing. tells me everything. but I can't print to it cause it's saying it's offline. The printer says it's connected. just not when I try to print.

I have Windows 10 pro 64bit

and yes I have the latest firmware. 

Message 3 of 5
myersw
Master

Have had similar issues with printer, Epson in my case. Would always turn out to the the software on the PC and nothing to do with the router. The printer should show as having an IP address so you should be able to ping it as a simple test from the PC. I personally do not trust WPS and always configure the printer, or other device on the device wireless setup.  

Message 4 of 5
Lazydaze
Aspirant

I got it fixed. I had to do a reset on my printer and reinstall the utillites and drivers.

Thank you for your time I really do appreciate it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7