Wireless repeater

Bigjag19
Aspirant

Wireless repeater

I am trying to connect my r7000 as a wireless repeater to a zyxel emg2306-r10a. I logged into my primary router and obtained the mac address and set it to bridge mode also entering the mac address of my nighthawk then logged into my nighthawk went to advanced went to wireless repeater enabled it adding a 1 to the ip address then entered mac address from primary router then hit apply it updates and then nothing everything is exactly the same... any advice?
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Wireless repeater

You don't want a repeater. It will cut the bandwidth in half due to the need of it to be in constant wireless communication with the main router. You should use access points connected with cables

Routing: NETGEAR RAX43 - Firmware: V1.0.11.112 (1 Gbps down, 50 Mbps up)
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400, 16 TB
Message 2 of 5
Bigjag19
Aspirant

I am not able to run a cable due to location. I am trying to extend my network to my mother in laws house next door she can pick up my primary router but it only has one bar
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Bigjag19,

Just want to verify that both routers have wireless repeating function?

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Bigjag19,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E