Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

With Readyshare Vault, how can I exclude one individual file from backup?

StanH
Tutor

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
ReadyNAS-Vault
Apprentice

Re: With Readyshare Vault, how can I exclude one individual file from backup?

Yes - that is correct and a commonly used technique.

Again, just to confirm, I'm responding with regard to ReadyNAS Vault.  Can you confirm you are using ReadyNAS Vault (as opposed to ReadySHARE Vault)?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello StanH,

I am responding to you this post to keep this alive and get ReadyNAS Vault people see your concern.

Regards,

Message 2 of 13
ReadyNAS-Vault
Apprentice

Hi @StanH,

I'm not sure if this is about ReadySHARE Vault (backup solution to hard drive attached to your router) or the ReadyNAS Vault (the cloud backup solution built-in to ReadyNAS devices and usable on other hardware like laptops and desktops). I'm only able to provide guidance on the latter, as a member of the ReadyNAS Vault support team.

If you are confused about which service, please check this grid: http://kb.netgear.com/23703/What-is-the-difference-between-the-NETGEAR-ReadySHARE-Vault-and-the-NETG...

Here are two related support articles detailing how to add exclusions your ReadyNAS Vault backup jobs.  

http://support.readynasvault.com/hc/en-us/articles/208283266-How-do-I-exclude-specific-file-types-ex... 

http://support.readynasvault.com/hc/en-us/articles/208283106-Web-Portal-Creating-Modifying-Backups

If you need any additional help, just email us directly at support@readynasvault.com.  One of our team members will respond and help over email or set up a screen share if necessary.

Message 3 of 13
StanH
Tutor

It sounds like I could exclude specific files excluding a folder and by putting the file or files in it. Is that right?
Message 4 of 13
ReadyNAS-Vault
Apprentice

Yes - that is correct and a commonly used technique.

Again, just to confirm, I'm responding with regard to ReadyNAS Vault.  Can you confirm you are using ReadyNAS Vault (as opposed to ReadySHARE Vault)?

Message 5 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@ReadyNAS-Vault wrote:

Can you confirm you are using ReadyNAS Vault (as opposed to ReadySHARE Vault)?

@StanH:  The answer matters - and you've ignored the question more than once.  Please respond.  If you are talking about a USB drive connected to a router, you are referring to ReadyShare vault.  

Message 6 of 13
StanH
Tutor

I am using ReadyShare vault. If I were to change to ReadyNAS Vault would the solution be different?
Message 7 of 13
ReadyNAS-Vault
Apprentice

Yes, they are quite different solutions.

While they have similar sounding names and both provide a form of data protection, ReadyNAS Vault is a separate site cloud backup service (also provides desktop applications and mobile apps for backup and access from other devices) and ReadySHARE Vault is a local backup solution to a drive attached to your router.

ReadyNAS Vault has a small free plan and paid subscriptions on top.  ReadySHARE Vault is free (except that you have to provide the drive).

A detailed breakdown of the differences can be found here:

http://kb.netgear.com/23703/What-is-the-difference-between-the-NETGEAR-ReadySHARE-Vault-and-the-NETG...

Message 8 of 13
StanH
Tutor

Thanks.
Message 9 of 13
StephenB
Guru

If you post back on what router you are using, I can move this thread into the correct forum area (where you will be connected to the right folks).

Message 10 of 13
StanH
Tutor

R7000
Message 11 of 13
StephenB
Guru

It took a while to sory out where this question belonged - since it is the R7000 ReadyShare, it belongs here.

Message 12 of 13
ReadyNAS-Vault
Apprentice

@StephenB - thanks for clarifying and getting this properly categorized.

@all - sorry for going down the wrong road re: Vault vs Share.  The instructions I shared earlier in the thread are not relevant here.

@StanH - good luck tracking down the solution.  I think the forum switch will do the trick.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7