Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Worldwide Chromecast caused wifi issues--Netgear addressing this?

Worldwide Chromecast caused wifi issues--Netgear addressing this?

Media and internet (see Reddit for example) have identified that Google Chromecast is crashing wifi routers due to it blasting of multicast packets due to Chromecast bugs.  Other wifi routers are patching this issue-- Netgear what are you doing?  I have 4 wifi routers, two R7500v2's and a Nighthawk X6 R7900.  I use Chromecast to pipe audio throughout my property.  Do you intend to issue firmware to address this?  I know it's not your fault but almost everyone with Chromecast or Google Home are facing wifi disconnects and connectivity issues-- a huge volume of your customers.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi,R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Looks like Google, after a year of problems, rolled out a fix to Chromecast devices.  Everything seems to be working now.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
johsno
Aspirant

I too am interested...

Message 2 of 5

The best way to catch up with this issue might be to read the long running saga of the R7000 router.

R7000 keeps losing 2.4GHz wireless connectivity - NETGEAR Communities

Start at the end.

There is a similar discussion about the D7000 modem/router.

Have you seen any problems with your hardware? It doesn't seem to affect every device. My R7800 remains unscathed.

Message 3 of 5

Looks like Google, after a year of problems, rolled out a fix to Chromecast devices.  Everything seems to be working now.

Message 4 of 5

@starman2k01 wrote:

Looks like Google, after a year of problems, rolled out a fix to Chromecast devices.

Link?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7