Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wyze Doorbell connection

Tallguy_AZ
Aspirant

Wyze Doorbell connection

My wyze doorbell cam will upload videos to the cloud about 40% of the time, the other times I get a message about the video failing to upload. I can watch live video just fine. We ran some tests, and wyze support says that my firewall is disabling the connection, specifically udp port 80. I can't find any firewall on this router that I can disable. I've also tried configuring that port to allow connection, but i have no idea what I'm doing. Anyone had similar issues? Suggestions? Thanks.
Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Wyze Doorbell connection

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

What firmware is on the router?

Message 2 of 8
Tallguy_AZ
Aspirant

Firmware is latest up to date. The internet coming in is straight off the antenna on my roof, which receives data from a tower about a mile away. Ethernet comes into the internet port of the router.
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

@Tallguy_AZ wrote:
Firmware is latest up to date.----Is it? without an actual number, its tough to confirm.  The internet coming in is straight off the antenna on my roof, which receives data from a tower about a mile away. Ethernet comes into the internet port of the router.----seems like we've been running into a lot of issues with broadcast wireless lately. Not sure if its because the company who's broadcasting it has their own router on their end and it creates a double nat (which some devices stuggle with) or whats going on. I've see some be able to connect by putting their router in access point mode. Others simply contact their ISP and ask them what settings are needed to use their own routers. 

Message 4 of 8
Tallguy_AZ
Aspirant

Firmware: V1.2.0.76_1.0.1
I'll email my isp to see if they have any input.
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

do you have an unmanaged switch sitting around? 
if so, plug it into the dish and connect a few device. If more than 1 works, the ISP has something managing dhcp from their end

Message 6 of 8
Tallguy_AZ
Aspirant

No, I think I used the couple I have at our business. I have a small DLink and belkin router hiding in a box, probably given to me by isp. I also didn't mention - I have 2 linksys routers on the network also, acting as bridge? I don't know correct terminology. My PC uses one and my daughters PC and Xbox use one. I did try unplugging both to verify they weren't causing issues, and didn't notice a difference. I'll see if I can find an unused switch today while I'm down there.
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

LInksys has an access point mode. Just put one in access point mode and connect it. If you have it in access point mode and can still get multiple devices working, it points at the isp having its own routing functions. 

You can do the same with netgear but can run into issues if the ISP isn't using their routing fuctions. Can be a pain to get back in and disable access point mode. Its usually faster to factory reset and reinstall and I don't want you to have to do that to your primary router. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7