Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X10 R9000 ANOTHER signal dropping issue-Battlefield on Xbox One?

zookeee
Tutor

X10 R9000 ANOTHER signal dropping issue-Battlefield on Xbox One?

Totally reset everything the other day....new signal from cable company for modem (that was one of the problems so I took the opportunity to start fresh due to dropping).

Worked for 2 days with no problems. Husband and son suspected Battlefield on XBox One was causing issues. Like I said it worked fine for 2 days...NO DROPPING! When I say dropping, I mean that the SSID disappears from all WIRELESS devices. Wired devices have no issues.

I just followed Microsoft's directions for Port forwarding the game, but that hasn't stopped it and no one is playing it anyway.

Guest network is off, Smart connect is on, Coexistence is on (might turn off since we live out of town), QOS is off, Port Aggregation is enabled and inactive.

I do see this in the logs:

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address cc:95:d7:40:db:e9, Friday, December 28, 2018 16:01:18]

The MAC ID is from Vizio according to a device by MAC id website. We DO have several Vizio tv's but why would they have incorrect security and cause this? It didn't start AGAIN until son played battlefield AGAIN.

HELP! This happens CONSTANTLY and we're so sick of it!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
SkimPappa
Apprentice

Permalink - <- click that to see it

Please look here at the other thread. Request access to the beta and see if it fixes things for you. Several others had the same issue and the beta has been working great without any drops!

"If you are finding 1.0.4.12 unbearable due to the WiFi issues request access to the beta currently at 1.0.4.26.  You’ll need to DM @ChristineT or @Christian_R to grant you access to the beta download."

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
SkimPappa
Apprentice

Permalink - <- click that to see it

Please look here at the other thread. Request access to the beta and see if it fixes things for you. Several others had the same issue and the beta has been working great without any drops!

"If you are finding 1.0.4.12 unbearable due to the WiFi issues request access to the beta currently at 1.0.4.26.  You’ll need to DM @ChristineT or @Christian_R to grant you access to the beta download."

Message 2 of 5
zookeee
Tutor

Super, been over 24 hours with no contact.  Gotta love netgear support.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Good morning zookeee, 

Thank you for your patience. I have sent you a message with further instructions. 

Happy New Year,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

May I please get the link as well for the latest R9000 beta?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7