X10 R9000 Drops out - Amber lights

Redricka
Aspirant

X10 R9000 Drops out - Amber lights

Hi All, 

I am now getting frustrated with the X10 R9000 and wanted to see if anyone can shed some light on my issue. The wifi drops out numerous times aday. The logs dont show anything abnormal either.  FW is up to date. 
When the drop out occurs, it lasts about a 60-90seconds before its back and the lights on the router itself blinks the amber lights and abnormal lights.
Please if anyone can help, greatly appreciated. 
After spending $800+ on a new router that is not even 12 months old, its very frustrating. 

Message 1 of 4
Redricka
Aspirant

Re: X10 R9000 Drops out - Amber lights

Is this a known issue with Netgear?
How exactly do I load up voxel fw?
Message 2 of 4

@Redricka wrote:

.....the lights on the router itself blinks the amber lights and abnormal lights.

Which lights are these?

FW is up to date. 

How do you know that? Routers themselves do not always show newer firmware.

If you manually updated the  yourself, did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?
firmware
New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 4
Redricka
Aspirant

I have a raspberry pi hooked up via ethernet in Port 4. And when the drop out occurs, the port 4 light goes amber and all the other lights shut off.
I've tried to remove the pi, but when I do all the ethernet lights blink amber.

I matched the version number on my router to the version direct from netgear.

I don't want to factory reset but I'll try if needed.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements