X10 - R9000 Firmware V1.0.5.2 problems

Vijaym
Initiate

X10 - R9000 Firmware V1.0.5.2 problems

I have 2 routers of the same model number and both of them are having problem the moment I updated the latest firmware.

My network provider / modem is giving me 1000 Mbps.

Using the Quality of Service feature, the modem speed is showing 937 Mbps for upload and download speed.

But when I do a speed test using a computer that is connected to the WiFi signal or the LAN cable coming from the WiFi router, the speed is registering as

Download - 7.4 Mbps

Upload - 4.5 Mbps

Your earlier Firmware released on 1st of October was also giving problems with the 5G network. It was only broadcasting on a 2.4 GHz frequency. I gave the device for repair and I got a new replacment unit of the same model. After configuring it, the upload and download speed is extremely low (as mentioned above).

Seems like Netgear is having a hard time resolving issues with this  model. I need an immediate solution for this problem, as my business is being affected drastically. Either solve this problem for me, or give me another 2 units that is equally good and with the same features.

My device serial numbers are:

5V01915G001F9

4ND16C5700535

I have tried turning off the QoS feature, it didn't help.

Your immediate assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vijay

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: X10 - R9000 Firmware V1.0.5.2 problems

You realize this is the community forum?  its members of the public helping others out. We're not employees or paid for our time to help out here. Its volunteer.  You can demand stuff from us but its not going to get you much. Your best bet if you're wanted it replaced is to contact support. go to the top and click on mynetgear, register an account and then your devices. From there you can contact support. Keep in mind that support is free for 90 days and warranty is 1 year. That's for the consumer equipment.

Or if its for a business buy the business equipment instead of consumer as you'll get faster response times, longer warranties, and more support.  That's kind of the point when you have a business reliant on your networking. 

https://www.netgear.com/business/default.aspx

If you're having the issues ever since you updated the firmware, why not downgrade the firmware? its just like doing a manual update but using the older firmware. 

Another thing you can try is to just factory reset the router's and set them back up without qos. Sometimes a reset can solve problems caused by firmware updates. I'd also not enable qos after you factory reset. I've been seeing many issues with qos recently. 

If you downgrade, make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset the router back to factory after the downgrade. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 4
Vijaym
Initiate

Thanks for your kind response. I wrote that message hoping that there is a Netgear staff moderator watching over this community chat.

I tried to reset it using the factory reset button on the back, it did not revert to original firmware that came with the router. It is stuck on V1.0.5.2

For business use - will make a note of this. I expected a pro gamer router to be the top of the line, more than a business wifi router, which is why I bought the X10 router. Lesson learned...

Thanks anways.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Factory reset doesn't revert the firmware or change the firmware at all. All it does is erase any prior settings. 

You can manually downgrade the firmware by following the manual firmware install process in the manual. 

You can get the older firmware by going to the support site for your device, clicking on downloads, and then its under +view previous versions.

occassionally firmware does cause issues which is why they have the option to downgrade. But a factory reset doesn't auto-load older firmware. its something the user needs do to.

The other benefit to business class is that it allows more users over wifi than what consumer devices do. As much as consumer devices tend to work well, for a business reliant on routers/networking the business class devices are much better as well as Netgear's response times for shipping/warranty/support are much better. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E