Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X10 R9000 WiFi loses WIFI range several times a day.

Ra-Dzik
Apprentice

X10 R9000 WiFi loses WIFI range several times a day.

I'm frustrating, Still problems with X10 R900, and next, and next and NetGear support ignores customers' voices and do nothing with firmware to remove bugs!

Now I have f-w version 1.0.5.24.

The router loses wifi range several times a day.

I'm very confused this is the next one problem with this device. 

I definitely do not recommend buying R9000 X10!!!!!!

When will NetGear finally improve firmware of this device?! And definitly remove all bugs?!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

If companies could release firmware without bugs, there'd never be firmware updates. 

Same with windows. 

Its easy to say "don't release firmware/software with bugs!" 

Its another thing to have it happen as there's a lot of coding and the newer/fancier devices get, the more code there is to create issues. 

Since you upgraded the firmware, did you ever do a factory reset and clean install? (not from backup)

What gateway/modem is it connected to?

Message 2 of 5
Ra-Dzik
Apprentice

Maybe NetGear should improve quality of  tests-cases or some automatic process!

I can understand that some new bug can be placed into new software but why old bugs are not resolved still?

After firmawre upgrade some specific setting should be cleared! I can NOT imagin situation that I have to set ALL setting from the beginning! It is crap! 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@Ra-Dzik wrote:

Maybe NetGear should improve quality of  tests-cases or some automatic process!----They do. Myself and others have even been involved in some of these beta firmwares. 

I can understand that some new bug can be placed into new software but why old bugs are not resolved still?----Because many times its challenging to find out what the root cause is. Look at the R7000 for example. The vast majority of them work fantastic as evidenced by amazon reviews. But many have issues with firmware. And this is using the same device. there isn't different versions of the R7000 and yet some run great while others are nothing but issues. Maybe its different batches of memory supplies. Maybe it truly is the firmware. 

After firmawre upgrade some specific setting should be cleared! I can NOT imagin situation that I have to set ALL setting from the beginning! It is crap! ----When netgear "upgraded" devices to netgear armor, they removed some services. If those services are gone but your settings still have them, this is a situation a clean install is going to help. Its why its one of our first steps on firmware changes that cause issues. Factory reset and clean install. 

Message 4 of 5
Ra-Dzik
Apprentice

Hello,

it's seems that the problem is with future "Dynamic QoS"....

I disabled this option (consequnce is that I can't see type of connection in option attached devices), but router is working 4 days without a problems!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7