X10 R9000 dropping connections

schumaku
Guru

Re: X10 R9000 dropping connections

@Escrul wrote:

Here is a more direct link

Nonsense: The Beta firmware is not available there.

Message 51 of 58
SScandy
Luminary

To get the beta firmware, you have  send a personal message to @ChristineT or @Christian_R and ask to be part of the beta testing program.

(I posted this in another thread, but I think it is appropriate to repeat it):

I had the dropout/disconnect problem with my new R9000 router and was going to return it. I decided to try the beta firmware, and it made a big difference. No guarantee that it will fix your problem, but if you don't mind installing beta firmware, it might be worth it to try the beta rather than returning the router.

Message 52 of 58
Escrul
Tutor

@schumaku No it's not. It is a link to download the previous version firmware, a version that was stable, before Netgear released two Frimware "Updates" that render this router almost useless with all the dropped connections.

You know what is nonsense? The fact that there has been two "Updates" released (after the last stable version -1.0.3.16-) by Netgear and both have the same problem, as reported by many here. It also makes no sense that it has taken Netgear almost a year (since the release of "Update" 1.0.4.2) and there still no solution and their tech team has no idea on how to troubleshoot the problem, nor are they aware of the problem. 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 53 of 58
valetech
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestions to downgrade firmware. My partner was at the end of her rope with the Switch dropping connection every few minutes. After downgrading from 1.0.4.12 to 1.0.4.2 connections  are now stable again. I agree that for a piece of equipment with a price tag like this the firmware should always be getting better instead of worse. Poor showing Netgear. 

Model: R8900|Nighthawk X10—AD7000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 54 of 58
schumaku
Guru

The smarter way would be to apply to the ongoing Beta.

Message 55 of 58
valetech
Tutor

And if I'm going to bother with that nonsense I'll flash kong's dd-wrt image and be done with it. 

Message 56 of 58
Andre_PA
Tutor

Well, thanks to Fry's protection plan, I was able to return my router after 9 months of pain and suffering and exchanged it with an ASUS GT-AC5300. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Something reliable! I'LL never go back. Bye bye NETGEAR!
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 57 of 58
Hardsoft
Aspirant

Related to my earlier message:

The latest firmware seems to have still same issue - cabled XBOX ONE X just not getting IP even though I've reserved IP by MAC. XBOX reboot doesn't help. I had this same issue with previous XBOX ONE S also. Most certainly router reboot fixes issue for a while.

Pic1.jpg

-

Pic2.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And solution....
Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Message 58 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E