Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X10 R9000

nselewa
Guide

X10 R9000

internet connection being dropped by x10

Have the latest firmware as of today 9/19/2018

When wired in, no issues

I brought out my much older netgear router running on a different channel, no issues

when connected to my R9000, the router drops the internet connection. The wifi connection is fine, it's just the internet connection that gets dropeed and then back on in about 2 to 3 seconds.  happens about 10 times per day. other devices connected to the router experience the same issue as my laptop. 

Any idea why the internet connection is being dropped byt the x10? QoS is not enabled as recommended by some posts. 

Seems like i'm not the only one expereincing this issue with this router.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
dwstanley
Aspirant

Do you have “Access Control” enabled, and/or can you see your devices? I’ve had issues of losing my devices after editing a device from the Access Control page. I then would get numerous internet drops. I fixed this by doing a hard reset, and if you happened to save the config when everything was okay, you can rebuild the settings faster.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11

All Replies
dwstanley
Aspirant

Do you have “Access Control” enabled, and/or can you see your devices? I’ve had issues of losing my devices after editing a device from the Access Control page. I then would get numerous internet drops. I fixed this by doing a hard reset, and if you happened to save the config when everything was okay, you can rebuild the settings faster.
Message 2 of 11
nselewa
Guide

Access control is on

I've seen posts here where people have done a hard reset and it has not solved the issue. 

I guess i can try that next, but I'm not confident that it would help given other peoples experience in doing that.

Message 3 of 11
dwstanley
Aspirant

I've been running with Access Control and QoS enabled so far so good, however, I make no changes on the Access Control page.

Message 4 of 11
nselewa
Guide

other than setting my wifi name and password, all other settings are whatever the factory set. 

I waited too long, should have returned it... very frustrating.

Message 5 of 11
dwstanley
Aspirant

Can't say, if its still under warrenty, I would contact netgear

Message 6 of 11
nselewa
Guide

I reset to factory setting - same result.

I changed the channel to 161 - fingers crossed, connection has not dropped in the last hour. really hope this does it.

Message 7 of 11
GCorley
Aspirant

I bought the X10 17 days ago my last router went bad.   The X10 contantly drops my Wireless Connections.  The internet is faster wireless than wired really don't understand that.   I just so happen to find this message board and fine others are having the same problem.  You buy the best fancy product available because you want the best and you have dropped connections frequently it's terrible......that is my rant.   I have QOS enabled so I will disable and see if that fixes Wireless problem.   I updated firmware to 1.04.12.    It's has to be still under warranty and I bought the Best Buy extended warranty but you know replacing it with same model not going to fix my issue if it's the product.  I'm work from home person on VPN I can't have it disconnecting it stops my software from working.   I placed wired connection to my work labtop has not disconnected once.   

Message 8 of 11
nselewa
Guide

Save yourself countless hours of frustration and return it.

I have tried everything that’s been recommended here. The only thing that helped reduce the drops was switching to channel 161.

Hope they resolve this issue someday. This will be my last Netgear router
Message 9 of 11
nselewa
Guide

try this, change your 5ghz wifi channel from what it is to something else. 161 has been working great for me so far; no dropped connections in almost a full week now.

The other thing I discovered today was citrix netscaler was slowing down my wifi connection. I went from 180mbps to 425mps just by removing citrix netscaler. 

Message 10 of 11
GCorley
Aspirant

Thank you I’m trying 161
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements