X10 R9000

mrmaz25
Aspirant

X10 R9000

I have an X10 R9000 Router which I could not choose from the drop-down menu. I can't seem to get the wifi to work after installation. I set up the modem and router, the modem is with Cox, and I set up the router at the same time, renaming and choosing new passwords for the router. After trying to connect my numerous points in the house, the wifi on the router stopped working. The lights are not on for 2.4, 5, and 60gbps.  These were all on when I started the setup and just quit when I started setting up the rest of the house. I don't see the new wifi connections anywhere. I am using all Mac products, MBP, iPads, watches, and iPhones. Pretty much stuck. I can plug my Apple time capsule into the router and get internet, but that is the only way to get internet. Please help

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: X10 R9000

> [...] The lights are not on for 2.4, 5, and 60gbps. [...]

Did you press the "WiFi On/Off button with LED"?  Visit
http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look for
Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Look for "Table 1. LED
descriptions".  Further reading might not hurt, either.  (Unless you
count parts like "Ethernet ports 1-4 / 1 2 3 4 5 6".)

Message 2 of 3
mrmaz25
Aspirant

Re: X10 R9000

I have done that multiple times but the WiFi lights on the 2.4, 5, and 60 weren’t lighting up. I read some more forums on this and I reset the router by pressing the reset button for e0 seconds and unplugged the power cord still pressing the reset for 30 seconds after I plugged back in and after a few minutes everything came back on. Don’t know what happened but I have my whole smart home back up and on the new network. Thanks for the response though

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements