Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X10 Speed drops to 1meg per second

quickness
Follower

X10 Speed drops to 1meg per second

Okay I bought this router over a month ago. AMAZING until last week. Out of no where, nothing in my house has changed, no new walls, no software updates nothing. Yet in my bedroom I can not get anything over 1mbit per second. I powered off everything in the house and turned it all back online after waiting 10 minutes. I reset the modem and so fourth. If I am in line of sight of the modem I get 160-205, but as soon as i turn a corner and there is one wall it drops to 30, then every other foot from there it drops about 2-5 megs, until I get to my masterbedroom and it barely even recognizes it. This is on 5ghz. Whats crazy is nothing in my house will now connect to the 2.3ghz, everything keeps connecting and disconnecting and the router shows the light as being on. 

I am really concerned given the amount of money I spent on this toy, and how amazing it was working till it just stopped. Its on the latest firmware as I did a rest of it and then updated it after trying everything. I bought this from Best Buy but I think I passed my 45 day return policy and I dont have the dang box anymore. 

Any help would be great. 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: X10 Speed drops to 1meg per second

Hi quickness,

Try changing the channel of the wireless network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi quickness,

Try changing the channel of the wireless network.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi quickness,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7