Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X4 R7500v2 New Firmware Rolls back QoS???

mrmagloo
Apprentice

X4 R7500v2 New Firmware Rolls back QoS???

In the last couple of weeks I hit the firmware update button to check for anything new, and it installed 1.0.3.10.  I thought cool.  Then I went over to QoS and checked for an update there. It was running an update dated June 2016 - I did not however catch the version number.  It downloaded an update and after, I checked, and the new version is dated April 2015. What the heck?  I keep trying to update, but no joy.

I did read some old thread about bad keys in the firmware causing problems with past QoS updates, so all I can guess is perhaps the new firmware had a problem too?

Can one of you mods check into this please? I have no idea how to recover the previous 6/16 QoS version.

Thanks

Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
mrmagloo
Apprentice

Re: X4 R7500v2 New Firmware Rolls back QoS???

I just checked and it will update to June 2016. Thank you!   Noting that this update is nearly a year old, can you say if this will update again, and what is the normal frequency?  Thanks Elaine.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 18

All Replies
mrmagloo
Apprentice

Here is the version it rolled back to:

Version: v2.0421.cloud-ga
Release Date: April 21, 2015

It will not allow me to go forward to the previous version I had from June 2016. Even then, that was 10 Months old.  Does this QoS database ever get updated on a regular basis?

Please advise.

Message 2 of 18
mrmagloo
Apprentice

Hello??    108 Views so far, and not a single moderator/tech in sight?

Message 3 of 18
mrmagloo
Apprentice

Hmm, still nothing?

Message 4 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Could that they rolled back the QoS services to 2015 due to something they found or maybe it resets back to 2015 and needs some time to maybe on date on your router. I'd give it a day and check back to see if it's been updated or not. Might contact one of the forum moderators or phone contact NG support if it doesn't update. 

Message 5 of 18
mrmagloo
Apprentice

Hi FN - I've been checking it every day for the past week. Enabling QoS, checking for updates, and none available. So I turn it back off again.

From what I read in previous posts regarding Firmware updates affecting QoS, it's pretty clear that in each version there has to be an up to date security key.  This issue was reviewed and sorted out with a past version.

While I believe that all these QoS updates do is provide better or more updated recognition for connected devices, the point is, this is pretty basic stuff.  'Advanced Qos' is supposed to be a big feature, and it's kind of amazing that a high tech company can blow it so badly, so often. Then ignore the issue.  V1.0.6.10 seems to have been released within the last month, so you'd think they'd be monitoring the rollout. Nope.

Message 6 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

If it's been this long, then I recommend you phone contact NG support or one of the moderators on here. Like Eliaine. Good Luck. 

Message 7 of 18
mrmagloo
Apprentice

I would LOVE Elaine or one of the moderators to respond.  I think I've made specific mention for their assistance a couple of times over the last week.

On calling NG support, Umm, I don't really buy into the the theory of being forced to spend 50 friggin dollars to alert them they phucked up, yet again.

Perhaps they could kindly read their OWN support forums, and simply take 5 minutes to check it out.

Message 8 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd send Elaine a PM to get more of a quicker responce. Good Luck. 

Message 9 of 18
mrmagloo
Apprentice

Sorry, I don't mean to be taking it out on you. I did not know PM'ing a mod was the trick to get a response but I will try it. Thanks.

Message 10 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Understand frustrustions Sir. Just breath. Sometimes mods see and review and post or may not until next day. Reason for having you PM directly is to make contact and start the review process. Hope She will be helpful. 

Post back here with any updates. 

Good Luck. 

Message 11 of 18
mrmagloo
Apprentice

As a follow up, I have received a private PM that states that the issue has been reported to the Techs, and they will be looking into this. I will follow up with any updates. Thanks.

Message 12 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad there looking into it. Keep us posted. 

Message 13 of 18
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I received a confirmation that this has been fixed. 

Can you guys update the database and verify?

Message 14 of 18
mrmagloo
Apprentice

I just checked and it will update to June 2016. Thank you!   Noting that this update is nearly a year old, can you say if this will update again, and what is the normal frequency?  Thanks Elaine.

Message 15 of 18
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Our engineers are working to update these QoS databases on all our routers. 
Just recently, we updated the one for R9000 and most likely the rest of the Nighthawk router portfolio will get an update. 

I do not have an ETA but they are aware since this has been brought up in several threads already. 

Message 16 of 18
mrmagloo
Apprentice

Thanks for the update Elaine!

Message 17 of 18
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome!

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7