Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X6 R800 Wired and WiFi internet drops out multiple times a day

Kronr
Aspirant

X6 R800 Wired and WiFi internet drops out multiple times a day

I have had this router since June 2017, and for about the first year I had to reboot the router about once a week because internet would not be working.  The last few months, a couple times a day the router would randomly reboot.  I upgraded to the newest firmware, I did a factory reset, i went back to the older firmware, I did another factory reset.  No matter what the router constantly reboots randomly throughout the day. 

Is there a log to find out why the router is rebooting?  The one log I found was no help, it just showed veryu little info but seems to reset after each reboot.  I am very close to throwing this in the trash, is there any hope for this router?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Probably you have two options. 

One downlevel the firmware to version that was working for you. 

Two do as you suggest, get something from different vendor. 

Netgear for the last year has been putting out one crappy firmware build after the other. Reason I got rid of my NG routers. Interesting that NG could also stand for No Good. 😉 Netgear does not seem to have any oversite, testing for bugs being fixed or OA for their routers. If you look around on this site you will see issues dating back to over a year now. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
myersw
Master

Probably you have two options. 

One downlevel the firmware to version that was working for you. 

Two do as you suggest, get something from different vendor. 

Netgear for the last year has been putting out one crappy firmware build after the other. Reason I got rid of my NG routers. Interesting that NG could also stand for No Good. 😉 Netgear does not seem to have any oversite, testing for bugs being fixed or OA for their routers. If you look around on this site you will see issues dating back to over a year now. 

Message 2 of 4
Kronr
Aspirant

I was able to solve my issue. I smashed my Netgear router and purchased another brands mesh router. Never again will I waste money on Netgear.
Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

Totally understand and agree with your solution. One person used his for target practice. Eero seems to be the best in my observations for mesh. My 2 AP's operate as a mesh. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7