Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6 R8000 AC3200 and Xfinity

johnniequest
Aspirant

X6 R8000 AC3200 and Xfinity

Reposted to correct category.

I recently Returned my Xfinity Gateway and bought the above listed wifi router along with a CM1150v Voice cable modem. My setup has been working well except for the fact that every week or so I lose wifi connectivity to my wireless PC's and some wireless TP link switches and plug modules and my 2 Amazon Alexa DOT units. A simple reset of the router seems to fix the problem, but it is time consuming to reset each of the modules and Dot units. I never had this problem with the rented XiFI unit from Xfiniity. I have the current firmware of V1.0.4.84_10.1.84 on the router. I currently have 15 Wireless connections spread over the 3 wifi channels. I know this is a lot of connections but I have a smart home setup and again I rarely if ever had to reset the Xfinity gateway.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
air_sinny
Aspirant

Re: X6 R8000 AC3200 and Xfinity

my issue with the xfinity provided router is i lose internet every couple days or less. a reset fixes it but needless to say doing this every couple days is unsustainable. i tried to setup the all netgear setup but for some reason the nighthawk didn't "see" the internet through my ethernet network. trying again today.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7