Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6 R8000 won't connect to some sites

LloydOsten
Aspirant

X6 R8000 won't connect to some sites

I have a new problem. My X6 R8000 simply refuses to connect to some sites. I always get an "access denied- you don't have permission to access this site." One of the sites is a bank (cibc.com), one is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (cbc.ca) and the other one is Sportsnet (sportsnet.ca)

Router has the latest firmware. I tried downgrading the firmware. That made no difference, either. It DID work until not long ago. I have tried every setting on the router (including a hard reset and many reboots) Nothing makes any difference. It is connected to a cable modem. I called the cable company and tech support said everything was OK. A strange thing is that I can connect to ALL of these sites by using my VPN. Firewalls don't seem to make any difference, either. I normally use Linux, but I get exactly the same behavior with Windows 10.

Anybody ave any suggestions? Please give me a shout. Thank you.

lloyd.osten@accesscomm.ca

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: X6 R8000 won't connect to some sites

what modem is it connected to? 

Does it work directly connected to the modem and not going through the router? 

Message 2 of 5

@LloydOsten wrote:

I have a new problem. My X6 R8000 simply refuses to connect to some sites. I always get an "access denied- you don't have permission to access this site." One of the sites is a bank (cibc.com), one is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (cbc.ca) and the other one is Sportsnet (sportsnet.ca)

In addition to the questions from @plemans, I assume that you mean that some devices connected to the R8000 balk at some sites.

Is this using a browser of some sort? Tried alternative browsers?

What about other devices?

Message 3 of 5
LloydOsten
Aspirant

I tried Firefox and Chromium under Linux, and Firefox and Edge under Windows. They all produced the same result. I also tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on my Iphone. Inexplicably, today, 2 of those three sites worked. Sportsnet still doesn't work, but I can live with that

@michaelkenward wrote:

@LloydOsten wrote:

In addition to the questions from @plemans, I assume that you mean that some devices connected to the R8000 balk at some sites.

Is this using a browser of some sort? Tried alternative browsers?

What about other devices?

Message 4 of 5

Tried a different Domain Name Server?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7