Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6 R8000

Lnkdes
Aspirant

X6 R8000

I just upgraded from the x4s to the x6. I have a home theater system with a receiver, tv, and xbox. I am getting the Xbox X and want to wire the xbox to the router. Question is do I wire the xbox, receiver or tv for the best quality? All
Components are purchased with in the last two years so it’s all 4K compatible. Or would it be best to try and hardwired all of it?

It’s all wireless now and when on Netflix I get periods of low signal which makes the picture very low quality so will being wired cure that?

Appreciate the help!
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Lnkdes
Aspirant

Re: X6 R8000

Thanks for the help everyone. Hard wired it and reset all devices and it woks perfect!!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> It's all wireless now and when on Netflix I get periods of low signal
> which makes the picture very low quality so will being wired cure that?

It might.  It depends on what the actual problem is with the wireless
connection (or your Internet connection, or the router itself).

It sounds as if you could run the experiment for the price of some
Ethernet cables, which would quickly provide an actual answer, as
opposed to any speculation (based on little actual evidence) which you
might get here.

Message 2 of 7
Lnkdes
Aspirant

So hooked it up and Netflix and YouTube will not completely download. Netflix sticks at 24% and youtube will show the Ad but not the actual video. This is when I go through the DVD player. When I go through tv it works!! Is there maybe a setting that needs to be changed in the dvd?
Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Lnkdes,

Check with the DVD player manufacturer for any recommendation since youtube and netflix works with other device.

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Lnkdes,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 7
Lnkdes
Aspirant

Thanks for the help everyone. Hard wired it and reset all devices and it woks perfect!!
Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Lnkdes,

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7