Highlighted
Aspirant

X6S 8000P - Cant register brand new product, serial already registered?!

Hi everyone!

I'm a first time Netgear owner and I've hit some bumps on the road during the setup process.

I've reached as far as setting the router up but when it comes to registering my Netgear account and router's serial number I get a message stating the serial number has already been registered.

This is a brand new product, store bought today 11/1/2019 so I'm confused.

Can anyone from Netgear please assist?

Sincerely

Ali

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted

Re: X6S 8000P - Cant register brand new product, serial already registered?!

You are the latest in a long line of people to have hit this brick wall. This is almost a daily complaint.

For some reason, lorry loads of Netgear devices reach buyers as "already registered". No one has ever got to the bottom of this – Netgear carefully avoids answering questions.

You have a couple of options, try to find a local contact number (it may be well hidden) or send a private message to one of the Netgear moderators here.

If you are really lucky, someone like @DarrenM or @ChristineT will take pity on you and step in.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Master

Part of the procedure of Netgear's refurbish should be to clear the older registration. That obviously is not happening, based on the lorry loads of folks with this issue. I had the same issue with a refurbished Arlo base station that was refurbished. The difference being that the Arlo support phone number is easy to find. Tech knew at once what the issue was and corrected. Arlo side know what support is, unlike the Netgear side. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

@myersw wrote:

Part of the procedure of Netgear's refurbish ...

You might like to consult past discussions on this topic.

Who said anything about refurbished routers? Certainly not @DocAliS. Far from it, the original message said:

This is a brand new product, store bought today 11/1/2019

If a refurb is an issue, consult the seller.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you guys for taking an interest. 

Come monday I'll talk to the store again about this if Netgear can't help me resolve it.
I've PMed a couple of moderators I found searching the forum. As you said @myersw it seems to be a common issue in these fora.

Still holding my thumbs.
/A

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Master

@michaelkenward wrote:

@myersw wrote:

Part of the procedure of Netgear's refurbish ...

This is a brand new product, store bought today 11/1/2019

If a refurb is an issue, consult the seller.

In the case of the Arlo it was Netgear. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements