Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X6S AmA – Any Benefit with Multiple X6S Range Extenders?

Luke_G
Tutor

X6S Extender – Any Benefit with Multiple X6S Range Extenders?

If I were to have multiple X6S Range Extenders installed in a house/building would each seperate X6S talk with eachother to get better speeds? I see that on the product page that it has a dedicated WIFI link connecting to the ISP Gateway/Router. Let's say I had another X6S further in my house that is no where near the ISP Gateway/Router, will the second X6S communicate with the first X6S?

It may seem overkill in a small home/business but I would love the highest speed possible for each room/office.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Luke_G,

Thanks for your question. Yes, If you have multiple X6S, you can connect them to get a larger network one behind another. The downstream X6S would be connecting its backhaul to the fronthaul of the upstream X6S, thus sharing it's connection with other devices. The benefit here is that you can continue using the single ssid and range would be better than just using one.

Another option is to connect in Access point mode where you can continue using the downstream tri-band radios simultaneously.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Luke_G,

Thanks for your question. Yes, If you have multiple X6S, you can connect them to get a larger network one behind another. The downstream X6S would be connecting its backhaul to the fronthaul of the upstream X6S, thus sharing it's connection with other devices. The benefit here is that you can continue using the single ssid and range would be better than just using one.

Another option is to connect in Access point mode where you can continue using the downstream tri-band radios simultaneously.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7