Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6S Extender - Does it reduce the throughput of my existing wifi network?

martinhj
Apprentice

X6S Extender - Does it reduce the throughput of my existing wifi network?

Will using this extender to extend my existing network impact on the throughput of my wifi due to sharing of channels for client and extender?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: X6S AmA - Does it reduce the throughput of my existing wifi network?

Hi @martinhj,

The Nighthawk X6S has FastLane3 technology which uses a third WiFi band to exclusively connect to the router. This ensures that the clients downstream will not be bandwidth limited by extender sharing the bandwidth between clients and router. This is particularly helpful if you have a tri-band router since you can dedicate one band of the router to exclusively talk to X6S. In dual-band case also FastLane3 technology is helpful since it utilizes the 5G band of router much more efficiently by using the 4x4 connection to the router. In addition, with One WiFi Name and Smart Roaming, Nighthawk X6S Extender can easily help clients to move between router and extender giving a seamless roaming experience for your devices. Please visit http://www.netgear.com/landings/ex8000/ for further details. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: X6S AmA - Does it reduce the throughput of my existing wifi network?

Hi @martinhj,

The Nighthawk X6S has FastLane3 technology which uses a third WiFi band to exclusively connect to the router. This ensures that the clients downstream will not be bandwidth limited by extender sharing the bandwidth between clients and router. This is particularly helpful if you have a tri-band router since you can dedicate one band of the router to exclusively talk to X6S. In dual-band case also FastLane3 technology is helpful since it utilizes the 5G band of router much more efficiently by using the 4x4 connection to the router. In addition, with One WiFi Name and Smart Roaming, Nighthawk X6S Extender can easily help clients to move between router and extender giving a seamless roaming experience for your devices. Please visit http://www.netgear.com/landings/ex8000/ for further details. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7