Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X6S AMA - Extended placement

bmgarcia
Tutor

X6S Extender - Extended placement

If I buy this extender where do you suggest i place it? My router is set up in the main office towards the front of the building. Should this be set up in the middle or towards the back?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Extended placement

Positioning of extender within the home depends on the layout, where your router is and how good your router is etc. On Nighthawk X6S, there are intelligent LED indicators which will guide you to place it in the best position. You can take a look at the Quick Start Guide that comes with the product for more details on how the led's help you with it. It's pretty straighforward. To learn more, please visit http://www.netgear.com/landings/ex8000/

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
stjannifer
Aspirant

Place Range Extender Maximum 25 meter From Main Router... for good working...and for more details checkout mywifiext

Message 2 of 5
antinode
Guru

> If I buy this extender where do you suggest i place it? [...]

Which "this extender"?  It would be practically impossible for anyone
here to know the optimal location for a wireless device in your "the
building".  Run the experiment, and see how well things work with the
hardware in different configurations.

Message 3 of 5
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Positioning of extender within the home depends on the layout, where your router is and how good your router is etc. On Nighthawk X6S, there are intelligent LED indicators which will guide you to place it in the best position. You can take a look at the Quick Start Guide that comes with the product for more details on how the led's help you with it. It's pretty straighforward. To learn more, please visit http://www.netgear.com/landings/ex8000/

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: X6S AMA - Extended placement

@bmgarcia wrote:

If I buy this extender where do you suggest i place it? My router is set up in the main office towards the front of the building. Should this be set up in the middle or towards the back?

As noted by @arunkmony, there are indicators to help you find the best placement.  The best spot will depend in part on the building construction.  

But generally speaking, you want the X6S to be able to reach the router with good signal, and also reach the client devices in the rear of the buiding.  Normally that means placing the extender midway between the router and the back of the building.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7