Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X6S AMA - How good are WiFi Range Extenders?

KevinC1898
Follower

X6S Extender - How good are WiFi Range Extenders?

I never owned any router or wifi extender and I want to know how good are they? It would help because I have a lot of wifi interruptions and it's so laggy and buffering. I just want to know if it would help so much. Thank you and hope someone wins

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

A WiFi extender increases the coverage area of your wifi network.  That will increase speeds for clients that are near the extender (and far from the router).  

But if your wifi is not performing well near your router, then you might want to upgrade it.  If you own a Netgear router, perhaps post your issues in the home networking area of this forum.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

A WiFi extender increases the coverage area of your wifi network.  That will increase speeds for clients that are near the extender (and far from the router).  

But if your wifi is not performing well near your router, then you might want to upgrade it.  If you own a Netgear router, perhaps post your issues in the home networking area of this forum.

Message 2 of 3

...and "laggy and buffering" can be a sign of a slow internet connection. New hardware can help a bit, but it probably won't deliver a dramatic improvement.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7