Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6S Extender – Why is this better than what I already have?

sarahfedorff
Follower

X6S Extender – Why is this better than what I already have?

Can you tell me why the X6S is a better choice than the other extenders you offer? I currently have an AC750 extender linked with my AC1900 modem/router.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: X6S AmA – Why is this better than what I already have?

@sarahfedorff wrote:
Can you tell me why the X6S is a better choice than the other extenders you offer? I currently have an AC750 extender linked with my AC1900 modem/router.

It has a couple of advantages over your AC750 extender.

First, most extenders require you to have a different SSID on the extender than the router.  So you might have _EXT in the extender network name.  The X6S doesn't need that, so you end up with a single home network.

Second, it's much faster than your AC750. 

Third, it will relay the client traffic connected to your AC750 to your router using a dedicated radio.  That will further increase the WiFi throughput.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: X6S AmA – Why is this better than what I already have?

@sarahfedorff wrote:

It has a couple of advantages over your AC750 extender.

First, most extenders require you to have a different SSID on the extender than the router.  So you might have _EXT in the extender network name.  The X6S doesn't need that, so you end up with a single home network.

Second, it's much faster than your AC750. 

Third, it will relay the client traffic connected to your AC750 to your router using a dedicated radio.  That will further increase the WiFi throughput.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7