Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6S

Dissatisfied2
Aspirant

X6S

I like to set my own IP addresses.  This unit is giving erronious information and just tangling up everything I try to do.  Far from user friendly.  Netgear, Really?  This is supposed to be the flagship unit that represents everything Netgear.  I guess if your not network savvy and accept what is given to you it might be OK.  Thumbs down guys.  User interface *()&>*%$$.

A cellphone app for setup?  What if you don't have a cellphone.  I guess you guys don't get out much.

Doo some work on the user interface please!

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: X6S

You don't need to use an app to set up the router. Visit http://192.168.1.1 with a browser and use the Web UI. In there you can reserve addresses with no issues

Message 2 of 4
Dissatisfied2
Aspirant

Thanks Microchip8.  My final solution was to set DHCP to addresses 100-254.  That way my stuff that was set via Static IP wouldn't try to share IP addresses.  My real complaint is the cellphone app.  This is probably good for most but when you use the cellphone app it expects you to use 2.4GHz connection and won't work on 5GHz.  This doesn't seem to be noted in documentation.  Also, I still had to use extenders that I was hoping to get rid of.  Guess the concrete walls are just too much.  Did not live up to expectations.

Message 3 of 4
microchip8
Master

Concrete walls are a tough nut to crack. And you can't beat physics at its game. There's no good way to penetrate certain walls or extend the range (as it's limited by physics). 

As for the app, I find it mostly useless so I don't use it. It needs quite more work to catch up to the app ASUS routers offer

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7