Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X8 (R8500) MU-MIMO Enabled Yet?

TJG
Tutor
Tutor

X8 (R8500) MU-MIMO Enabled Yet?

I love this router, but the final standards were approved months ago and we still don't have MU-MIMO support, etc.  It's listed on the product page for the router, but it doesn't support it.  And before anyone says "do you have anything that supports MU-MIMO?" -- I don't care!  You advertise it and prominently display it, so why don't you support it?  I paid a LOT of money for what I thought was going to be the top-of-the-line router, only to find that some features are forthcoming in a future update. Come on Netgear...

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: X8 (R8500) MU-MIMO Enabled Yet?

Hi @TJG

Welcome to the community!

We hear you and would like to let you know that our engineers are still working on adding that feature once again. 

Keep posted on our download page for an updated firmware that has the MU-MIMO feature.

Glad to hear that you love the product. Thank you for being a NETGEAR loyal customer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @TJG

Welcome to the community!

We hear you and would like to let you know that our engineers are still working on adding that feature once again. 

Keep posted on our download page for an updated firmware that has the MU-MIMO feature.

Glad to hear that you love the product. Thank you for being a NETGEAR loyal customer.

Message 2 of 4
scientia
Tutor

Hi @ElaineM,

Is there an ETA for enabling MU-MIMO?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@scientia We do not have any ETA as of the moment.

But in cases like this, we automatically ping our engineers that it's being asked in the community and serves as their reminder.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7