× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 Having dhcp issues

Dakine33
Aspirant

XR1000 Having dhcp issues

XR1000 issues below screenshot.

NIghtHawk 1000.png

Hello Netgear Community, So I just got a XR1000. I'm upgrading from an XR450 and since I installed my new router I keep having issues in 2 devices assigning the same ip to them every 2 minutes. These devices are Google Home Display devices and everytime that I see that they are gettting the same ip I get on the Google Display a message saying reconnecting.

I'm not sure what can be as this is not happening with my XR450, I have 1 gig AT&T connection.

What do you guys suggest to check? I did assisgn static ip's to both devices and the same issue keeps happening.

It is really frustrating 😞 .

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: XR1000 Having dhcp issues

You could set them with reserved ip address to prevent them from being assigned the same ip address. 

Message 2 of 7
Dakine33
Aspirant

How can I do that?
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 7

@Dakine33 wrote:

XR1000 issues below screenshot.

Some issues apply to just about every router, but sometimes it helps to ask the experts on your hardware.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Gaming routers have their own DumaOS operating system that is nothing like the one on Netgear's standard routers.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 5 of 7
Dakine33
Aspirant

Thanks I already did that, and it’s happening the same. They already have static ips and the log monitor is saying that it assigned dhcp.

Do I have a faulty router?
Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You'll need to assign them outside the DHCP range so whatever the highest number for the reserved IP you set, add 1 and set that as the starting number for DHCP
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7