× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300, Play FIfa21 , I’ve been getting a lot of disconnects from my game

FifaRTG
Aspirant

XR300, Play FIfa21 , I’ve been getting a lot of disconnects from my game

I’ve been getting disconnected during games on Fifa, and my connection is not very crisp, I get very erratic game play.
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300, Play FIfa21 , I’ve been getting a lot of disconnects from my game

Are you using both QoS and Geo-filter? 

If so, could you share with us your configuration so we can suggest some optimisations?

Are you getting an error message in-game when you get disconnected? Do you still get disconnected with filtering mode disabled in Geo-filter?

Message 2 of 9
FifaRTG
Aspirant

Yes I was using Geo-Filter and Qos, but I actually ended up having to factory reset my router because it stopped letting me connect to EA servers all together, I don’t know why.
The only thing I did was what the net gear support tech told me. He had me change the channel to 11 and then adjust the MTU.
And now that I’ve factory reset it lets me connect to EA but the wifi speeds around my house are really bad. And my gameplay is also not the best.
Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you playing over WiFi? Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi? Are ethernet speeds as you would expect? What speeds do you expect and what do you get via WiFi?
Message 4 of 9
FifaRTG
Aspirant

No my x box is hardwired directly to the router.
I’m on cox’s second highest tier, the 500mb.
Also I get disconnected a lot in the middle of games, my internet is still running but I just get randomly disconnected.
At first I thought it was the EA servers, but then I actually switched back to my 3 year old router modem combo and and I didn’t get disconnected once and my gameplay was better than it has ever been been with my nighthawk router and my 3.1 docsis modem
Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As Liam mentioned, do you get the same disconnections if you disable the Geo-Filter when playing?
Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi?
Are ethernet speeds as you would expect?
What speeds do you expect and what do you get via WiFi?
If you're not using Smart Connect are you using 2.4 or 5GHz when testing speeds?
Message 6 of 9
FifaRTG
Aspirant

No I haven’t used smart connect, I just use the 5G wifi.
I’m going to disable Geo Filter and see if that helps with the disconnects and gameplay, what else can I do to optimize my settings to help with my gameplay please.
Message 7 of 9
FifaRTG
Aspirant

yes my Ethernet speeds are where they should be, both thru my wired x box and also when I’ve done speed tests through my phone on wifi.
Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK let us know how you get on with Geo-filter disabled, it's not an optimisation I'm just trying to deduce where the problem lies. If everything is fine with Geo-filter disabled we know that we need to optimise Geo-filter.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7