× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 slow internet speeds

RikMeleet
Aspirant

XR300 slow internet speeds

My router only gets 80mbps when I use it. I checked the settings and tried different settings. When I put the router in AP mode I get a average of 380mbps. This is all on WiFi. Wired is the same except that the speed in AP mode is 450mbps.

Please help me in my search because at this point I tried everything from disabling geo fencing, anti blufferbloat etc etc al het settings where tried nothing made a change.
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300 slow internet speeds

It sounds like your QoS Settings, in the Anti-Bufferbloat panel, click the 3 line icon in the top left and disable it completely. What speeds do you get then?
Message 2 of 5
RikMeleet
Aspirant

Thank you for the fast response, unfortunately disabling the QoS makes no difference at all. Still around 80mbps. Tested all my cables from the router to the modem, replaced them with new ones. Any other suggestions I can try?
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay interesting, what do you get via ethernet to the XR?
Message 4 of 5
n4sh23
Aspirant

Xr300 have a vlan problem,don't use vlan on this router and your internet speed return
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7