× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Geo Filter Issues

scho3
Aspirant

XR500 Geo Filter Issues

I am having an odd issue with the Geo Filter not working for COD MW2/WZ2 on PC. I attempted to set the device as a PC, Console, and Playstation in device manager and selected the title from the list as COD as well as COD PC Only. I also tried the manual option for each. Each time I made the changes I quit the game, resync cloud,made the changes and enabled the filter then restarted the game. It never shows that I am connected to any server and no auto-ping info comes up. I have also factory reset the router with the button on the back.

It's not the best pic, but I have ping assist set to 0 and strict filtering mode on. I have a Netduma R1 that has no issue filtering cod on PC only. For whatever reason when I I have my PC set as PC in device manager and try to use Cod PC only it says that it is not supported, which is odd.

https://imgur.com/a/la3qacU

Moved my post from the main Nighthawk forum to this one.
Message 3 of 6
scho3
Aspirant

XR500 Geo Filter Issue

I am having an odd issue with the Geo Filter not working for COD MW2/WZ2 on PC. I attempted to set the device as a PC, Console, and Playstation in device manager and selected the title from the list as COD as well as COD PC Only. I also tried the manual option for each. Each time I made the changes I quit the game, resync cloud,made the changes and enabled the filter then restarted the game. It never shows that I am connected to any server and no auto-ping info comes up. I have also factory reset the router with the button on the back.

It's not the best pic, but I have ping assist set to 0 and strict filtering mode on. I have a Netduma R1 that has no issue filtering cod on PC only. For whatever reason when I I have my PC set as PC in device manager and try to use Cod PC only it says that it is not supported, which is odd.

https://imgur.com/a/la3qacU
Message 1 of 6
scho3
Aspirant

Re: XR500 Geo Filter Issue

Just noticed I may have put this in the wrong sub forum. Will move to the duma os specific one.
Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Geo Filter Issues

Check your IP on the PC itself, then check that the device you think it is on the Device Manager has the same IP address, if it's not you'll need to select the correct device, then it will work on the Geo-Filter.
Message 4 of 6
scho3
Aspirant

Thanks for the response, but I have my gaming PC setup with a reserved IP address so it should always be the same IP.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

It's worth double checking to be sure.

Does you PC have another ethernet or Wi-Fi adapter that could be connected to a different network? For example, is it still connected to your ISP equipment's Wi-Fi?

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7