× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 R apps stop working 24 hours after a router reboot

Agentwhite
Star

XR500 R apps stop working 24 hours after a router reboot

I'm running firmware v2.3.2.66 and my R apps all throw the same error message: Error: This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.

If I reboot the router, they will load and work for about 24 hours before failing to load and throwing the error message again. This problem didn't exist in the past but I can't say for sure if it started after a firware upgrade. I can say that the current firmware version was not what came from the factory so I know I've done at least 1 upgrade since purchasing.

I do see that I can upgrade to v2.3.2.114 firmware but I'm hesitant because I can't find full release notes between my version and this latest version and feel like I may end up introducing new bugs.

Wondering if there are known issues with v2.3.2.66 or any other suggestions to solve this problem.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: XR500 R apps stop working 24 hours after a router reboot

What feeds the router? A modem of some sort? If so, the make and model might be useful information.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

On the System Information page in the Rapp panel options change the retries to 5 then reboot the router from the interface and see if it lasts longer then
Message 3 of 5
Agentwhite
Star

It was already and has always been set to a value of 5. Either it came like that from factory or I set it a long time ago. Either way, I don't think that helps since the value has been 5.

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

This is a known issue that we're working on, you could try upgrading to the latest beta version here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/td-p/...

We'd suggest factory resetting after upgrading, see if that helps.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7