Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 internet issues

jay1989
Initiate

XR500 internet issues

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the NightHawk XR 500 in a bid to optimise my online gaming experience.

I am on Aussie Broadbany fixed wireless nbn. My problem is that I haveconnected everything as per normal to the new router and logged into the router to initialise it. The system boot up was fine but I could not detect the internet. After trying things out a few times, I chose the manual configuration so that I can bypass and get into the main router settings as recommended by Aussie Broadband. I immediately got the light on the router to indicate that there was an internet connection and I also got the connected status on the router's dashboard. However, I could not get internet to any of my devices, wireless or wired except for one. If I activate my VPN (iPVanish) app in my Nvidia Shield which is hardwired I get internet. If it is off it doesnt work.

Please help!!
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jay1989
Initiate

My NBN is via a tower much like phone reception except slower.... You do not require user/password detail, just a direct cable to the NBN box installed on our wall.

After hours of trouble shooting I managed to fix the problem. I initially tried the auto setup which wanted internet via PPPoE but as stated previously my service doesnt require login details. This caused me to set up manually. I turned off the router and nbn box for 10min. Started NBN box up by itself and left it for 10min. I then booted the XR500 and did the auto setup again which detected my internet!! Problem solved 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

Greetings,

I haven't had a chance to see the Duma OS yet.  Your post should probably be moved to the "Nighthawk Pro Gaming" section of the forums as this not the right area.

Is your NBN connected to sattelite?  I traded post with another Aussie user who mentioned something about needing to speak with the provider regarding additional set up requirements.  Like you, his internet LED turned white, but he didn't have internet. 

Would you mind sharing how the service works with us?  I know you get a public IP from the box.  Maybe you need to configure the conection type as static in the router and enter in IP, SM and gateway. 

I think the first thing to do would be to connect a PC directly to the NBN box and confirm you have internet.  It sounds like you do based on the description, however, you should not have to enable VPN or anonimize your device to gain connectivity.  While you are troubleshooting, I would not employ any software that changes your IP scheme.

Happy to help more with additional information.

Message 2 of 4
jay1989
Initiate

My NBN is via a tower much like phone reception except slower.... You do not require user/password detail, just a direct cable to the NBN box installed on our wall.

After hours of trouble shooting I managed to fix the problem. I initially tried the auto setup which wanted internet via PPPoE but as stated previously my service doesnt require login details. This caused me to set up manually. I turned off the router and nbn box for 10min. Started NBN box up by itself and left it for 10min. I then booted the XR500 and did the auto setup again which detected my internet!! Problem solved 🙂
Message 3 of 4

Good work!  We like to hear a positive result.  Hope you are enjoying the new router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7