Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox One and Windows Store on my PC will not install or load games with IPv6 enabled

atistang
Aspirant

Xbox One and Windows Store on my PC will not install or load games with IPv6 enabled

ISP is Spectrum.

I setup IPv6 on this router almost a year ago. Everything was good immediatly there after. Then I started noticing occationaly trying to start a game on my Xbox would give me an error. I also noticed I had trouble installing new games or updates. These problems were far and few between 6 months ago. As time went on they became more and more persistent. A couple of weeks ago it got to the point where I could not even play, install, or update anything on my Xbox. After hours with support they determined my xbox needed repair. I bought a brand new xbox and guess what, it did the exact same thing. I then noticed anything tied to the Windows store on my PC had all the same issues. I tried making a new microsoft account and it had all the same issues. I then discovered if I disabled IPv6 in my router everything works fine.|

So here is where I am at, Is there a configuration that will allow me to use IPv6 and keep my Microsoft account happy? Do I need to use a custom firmware such as Tomato to achieve this? Or do I just need to get a different brand router?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
atistang
Aspirant

Re: Xbox One and Windows Store on my PC will not install or load games with IPv6 enabled

I think it has been resolved. I got a message from an Xbox Engineer last night that said they made a few changes and to give it a go. Since then everything has been fine.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: Xbox One and Windows Store on my PC will not install or load games with IPv6 enabled

Hi atistang,

Have you check with spectrum regarding the IPv6 connection if they are experiencing issues from their end?

What is the firmware version of the router?

Message 2 of 4
atistang
Aspirant

I think it has been resolved. I got a message from an Xbox Engineer last night that said they made a few changes and to give it a go. Since then everything has been fine.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi atistang,

Glad to know it works now. I will tag your post as accepted solution.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7