Xbox One intermittent issues

tkolar15
Aspirant

Xbox One intermittent issues

Hi i've been having a bunch of issues with Xbox Live on my Xbox One since getting this router. I can't be certain it's caused from the new router as i also did not turn on the X1 for a few months until now. Once i did i got a prompt for an update which i ran and it failed the first time. The second time it installed successfully. Since i've the offline updater and did 2 factory resets and i'm still experiencing the same issue. It takes multiple tries to get connected to Xbox Live or even signing into my profile at all. Once connected it takes multiple tries to be able to do anything on the X1 that requires internet access. For example...launching Netflix failes on the first 5 or 6 attempts. The messages below are errors i have received signing into my profile via wifi or wired. The error codes also pop up when trying to launch apps such as netflix the first couple of times.

"There was a problem. We couldn't sign you in. Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing in to account.live.com. Sign in: 0x87DD0006"

or

"There was a problem. We couldn't sign you in. Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing in to account.live.com. Sign in: 0x87DD0019"

Was hoping someone with this router and an X1 can tell me what their optimal config is so i can rule out the router.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 9
tkolar15
Aspirant

Re: Xbox One intermittent issues

Update..I configured a Netgear N900 on my home network and everything works fine. Can someone with a working R7000 and X1 post their config. Something is obviously off. I've tried many different things including restoring defaults and rolling back firmware versions and re-doing the upgrades.
Message 2 of 9
AzNBoY92
Guide

Are you using it on wireless or wired ?
Message 3 of 9
MatM
Guide

I have alos this Router. But with some routers I had Problems with XBOX 360. It seems that DNS it´s the Problem.

You can give your xbox a fix DNS.

I would try open DNS:

http://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/opendns-ip-addresses/

Since I have donw this - ALL is much faster on my xbox.
I don´t want to use it on my Router so I only use it on my xbox.
Message 4 of 9
LeeH
Prodigy

I put OpenDNS servers IP addresses in my router and it seems to be quicker than my ISPs DNS. Not sure how much quicker but they are definitely more reliable.
Message 5 of 9
tkolar15
Aspirant

I've tried both wired and wireless. Both have the same issue with wired seeing a small improvement. I've tried using Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4). I can try the Open DNS servers but i'm not confident in that fixing this.
Message 6 of 9
MatM
Guide

If google DNS don´t help the other will also not helt:

There are some peoples with this Problem.

Someone wrote:

"Dr horrible 79 helped me just disconnect ur wireless on ur xbox then reconnect to it, that worked for me thanks"

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4267/t/1641763.aspx

Maybe if you change your router you have to disconnect xbox from wireless an then connect again?

Can you test this?
Message 7 of 9
tkolar15
Aspirant

I certainly tried that as well as restoring my Xbox to factory defaults. Not sure what else to try but right now i have a R7000 which i can't use as it's just won't cooperate with my X1. I may try rolling back 2 FW versions to see if that helps.
Message 8 of 9
nisaaru
Aspirant

tkolar15 wrote:
Update..I configured a Netgear N900 on my home network and everything works fine. Can someone with a working R7000 and X1 post their config. Something is obviously off. I've tried many different things including restoring defaults and rolling back firmware versions and re-doing the upgrades.

I have a r7000 and a X1. The X1 is connected through some 0815 cheap WLAN/4P-Switch Adapter in my living room so I only use the LAN port and I have no problems at all. Nothing special configured. UPNP is obviously activated, WAN-Config only IGMP is enabled(Deactivated).

I got the R7000 around March and there was no change on that front with different firmwares.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements