Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xbox Series X not connecting to Xbox Live via Ethernet to Netgear C6250

mudman132
Follower

Xbox Series X not connecting to Xbox Live via Ethernet to Netgear C6250

I've had this issue ever since I got the XSX last winter.  Never had an issue with a previous Xbox One.  So when I boot up the XSX when connected via ethernet, 4 out of 5 times it does not connect to Xbox Live due to NAT issues.  What I've found from reading posts and watching videos is that I need to manually select a new port (i've been told between 5000 and 5200 work best) and then clear MAC address which restarts the XSX.  As I said before, it could take about 5 cycles of new ports and clearing mac address to finally properly connect.  There is no issue when unplugging ethernet and just using Wifi, but I'd rather use ethernet if I can.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is but I believe it has something to do with IPv6.  Forgive me, but I'm not too experienced with internet.  I confirmed with Xfinity that IPv6 is set up and should be accessible and also tried with Netgear to find a resolution but they want me to pay $50 for customer support to maybe fix it.  When I'm not connected to Xbox Live, I get Strict or Moderate NAT issues.  Forgive me again, but I don't know too much about NAT, but know I haven't set up anythin funky that should be causing this.

Has anyone had this issue and know a resolution?  I've just been dealing with the issue all these months but I'm moving soon and changing internet providers.  I'll probably reset the router to factory settings and hope it resolves itself.

Netgear C6250, all up to date from what I could tell.  Unsure of the firmware at the moment but could get it if it'd be helpful.

Thank you!!

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Xbox Series X not connecting to Xbox Live via Ethernet to Netgear C6250

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation